Trippin’ With Ty National Contest
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio Station Ty Bentli Show (“Station”),owned and operated by Cumulus Media New Holdings Inc. or one of its subsidiary companies, 506 2nd Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37210, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the “Trippin With Ty” National Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
- Eligibility. This Nationwide Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents age twenty-one (21) years and older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in one (1) of the Station’s Designated Market Areas (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio as listed below at the bottom of these Contest Rules, who have not won a prize from the Station in the last 90 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 180 days, and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station in the last 90 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 180 days. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cumulus Media New Holdings Inc., its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio Stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Nationwide Contest will begin at 7:01 a.m., ET on March 18, 2019 and will run through 9:59 a.m., PT on April 3, 2019 or the moment someone correctly guesses the grand prize destination, whichever occurs first (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest. NOTE – THIS CONTEST MAY END EARLIER THAN APRIL 3, 2019,WHEN SOMEONE CORRECTLY GUESSES THE DESTINATION.
- How to Enter. There are three (3) ways to enter to become a potential qualifier in this Nationwide Contest. Participants may enter one (1) or all three (3) ways.: Option 1. On-air: At approximately 7:30am EST each weekday during the Contest Period, the hosts will solicit for callers to register for the contest. The registration window will stay open for approximately 15 minutes after the cue-to call is given. Anyone who gets their call through to the Station will have their name added to the list of potential qualifiers. Option 2. Social Media: Follow @TheTyBentliShow on any social media platform and use the hashtag #TrippinWithTy with a picture that shows why you need a vacation. Hashtagged post must be a PUBLIC post for it to be visible to be included in the drawing. THIS CONTEST IS NOT ENDORSED, SPONSORED BY, OR AFFILIATED WITH ANY OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS. Entry photos that are indecent, lewd, offensive, defamatory, contain profanities, or are in any way in bad taste or contain material(s) which may infringe upon any person or entities proprietary rights, as determined in the sole discretion of the Station, will be disqualified. Entry photos that are removed and/or blocked by a social media platform shall be deemed not entered for purposes of this Contest. Option 3. Online:Visit the Station’s website www.TheTyBentliShow.com during the Contest Period and click on the “Contest” link, (ii) click on the “Trippin With Ty” Contest link, and (iii) fully complete an entry form. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm PT on April 2, 2019 to be eligible as a qualifier. Limit one (1) entry per person per day per email address. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entry and the participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted.
- Winner Selection. Once per weekday during the Contest Period, one (1) qualifier will be selected from among all entries received thus far from the methods described in section 3 above. Qualifier will be called on the telephone number provided at the time of entry, or contacted through the social media platform that they entered on. participants must answer the telephone and must agree to have the telephone conversation recorded by the Station and agree to be interviewed for any broadcast or commercial release connected with the contest, in order to be determined a QUALIFIER. The Station will make up to two (2) telephone call attempts within a three (3) minute time frame, as determined in the Station’s sole discretion. The potential Qualifier’s telephone number must be answered by a live person, and the person who submitted the Entry must be immediately available. On the second (2nd) attempt to reach the potential Qualifier, telephone numbers answered by voicemail will be immediately disqualified. Should a number be answered by a voicemail on the second attempt or the person is unavailable for any reason, the Station may select another potential Qualifier in its sole discretion. This process will continue until a potential Qualifier who entered the Contest answers the telephone. Station is not obligated to and will not leave a voicemail or other message when contacting a potential Qualifier. Once the qualifier has been reached, they will have the opportunity to ask only two (2) questions to help determine the location of where the grand prize trip will be. Once they have asked the two questions and received answers from the Station, they must make one (1) and only one (1) guess as to where the grand prize trip will be. If they guess incorrectly,the prize will not be awarded, and the next qualifier will be contacted on the following weekday. The qualifier is still eligible to participate in future drawings and to be a qualifier again, provided that they entered through one of the other two (2) entry methods. If they guess correctly,they will win the grand prize, and the contest will be over, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Contest Rules. Should there be no correct guess at the completion of the contest, at 10:30am PST on April 3, 2019, Station will randomly select one (1) entry for the Grand Prize in a random drawing from among all valid entries received by Station from all three (3) entry methods during the Contest Period The winning entrant will be contacted on the telephone number provided at the time of entry, and/or contacted through the social media platform that they entered on, and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification.
- Verification of Potential Winner.THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Contest. The Grand Prize is: a trip for two (the winner and a guest) to undisclosed location which consists of round-trip coach air transportation for two from the winner’s closest major airport to the undisclosed location; two (2) nights single-room, double-occupancy hotel accommodations in a hotel as selected by Universal Music Group Nashville (Record Label) in the undisclosed location; a pair of (two (2)) tickets to a concert sometime in the second quarter of 2019 in the undisclosed location; and a special VIP experience at the concert. ARV One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($1,500.00). Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time. If in the judgment of the Station, air travel is not required due to Winner’s proximity to the trip destination, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. In that instance, Winner shall not receive the difference in air travel expense versus ground transportation expenses. There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply. Grand Prize Trip must be taken on predetermined dates in the second quarter of 2019, which will be revealed at the time of winning. Should the Winner be unable to travel for any reason, he/she immediately forfeits the Grand Prize. Travel dates to be mutually agreed upon by winner and Universal Music Group Nashville (Record Label).Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Winner’s guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Grand Prize Trip is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Station’s sole discretion. If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize with no Guest,the Prize will be awarded to Winner and each participating Guest and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Media New Holdings Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions.Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability.The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize.. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or any other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Nationwide Simultaneous Contest. the contest is one (1) national contest made up of many participating Stations, as outlined in exhibit a, which is attached. Station is conducting this contest concurrently and simultaneously on several participating Stations that are located in various states and those respective various time zones where a Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Contest Station identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: Cumulus Media New Holdings Inc., 3280 Peachtree Road NW, Suite 2200, Atlanta, GA 30305
EXHIBIT A – STATIONS PARTICIPATING
|DMA||License City||License State||Call Letters||Owner|
|Wichita-Hutchinson Plus||Lyons/Hutchinson||KS||KXKU-FM||Ad Astra Per Aspera Broadcasting|
|Missoula||Columbia Falls||MT||KHNK-FM||Bee Broadcasting|
|Chico-Redding||Shasta Lake||CA||KYCT-FM||Comras, Richard|
|Columbus-Tupelo-W Pnt-Hstn, MS||Columbus/Starkville||MS||WKOR-FM||Cumulus|
|Charleston, SC||Georgetwn/Myrtl Bch||SC||WLFF-FM||Cumulus|
|Roanoke-Lynchburg||Pulaski/New Rvr Vly||VA||WPSK-FM||Cumulus|
|Grand Rapids-Kalmzoo-Battle Crk||Holland/Grnd Rapids||MI||WTNR-FM||Cumulus|
|Mobile-Pensacola (Ft. Walton)||Milton/Pensacola||FL||WXBM-FM||Cumulus|
|Mobile-Pensacola (Ft. Walton)||Mary Esthr/Ft Waltn||FL||WYZB-FM||Cumulus|
|Wilkes Barre-Scranton-Hztn||Dallas/Wilkes Barre||PA||WSJR-FM||Cumulus|
|Green Bay-Appleton||Denmark/Green Bay||WI||WPCK-FM||Cumulus|
|Lafayette, LA||New Iberia/Lafayett||LA||KXKC-FM||Cumulus|
|Tri-Cities, TN-VA||Kingsprt/Johnsn Cty||TN||WKOS-FM||Cumulus|
|Columbia-Jefferson City, MO||Jeffrsn Cty/Clmba||MO||KBBM-FM||Cumulus|
|Huntsville-Decatur (Florence)||New Market/Huntsvle||AL||WWFF-FM||Cumulus|
|Las Vegas||Laughlin||NV||KJJJ-FM||Greeley, Steven M|
|Evansville||Ferdinand||IN||WQKZ-FM||Jasper On the Air Inc|
|Mobile-Pensacola (Ft. Walton)||Lucedale||MS||WRBE-FM||JDL Corp.|
|Springfield, MO||Mountain Home||AR||KPFM-FM||Mountain Home Radio Stns|
|Champaign & Springfield-Decatur||Decatur/Springfield||IL||WDZQ-FM||Neuhoff Media|
|Salt Lake City||La Verkin||UT||KUTQ-FM||Redrock Broadcasting|
|Idaho Falls-Pocatello (Jackson)||Driggs||ID||KCHQ-FM||Rich Broadcasting|
|Idaho Falls-Pocatello (Jackson)||Idaho Falls||ID||KID-FM||Rich Broadcasting|
|West Palm Beach-Ft. Pie..||Gifford/Vero Beach||FL||WPHR-FM||RS Radio LLC|
|Rochester, NY||Sodus/Rochester||NY||WUUF-FM||Waynco Radio Inc|